Happy New Year!
First off, I’d love to wish you all a happy, healthy 2020. Not many resolutions for me this year, just to love more, live better and travel better.
I thought to help kickstart your 2020 year of travel, I’d organise a giveaway with my favourite carry-on travel backpack company- Arcido and also giveaway some room nights from some of the featured Grand Hostels within my book, ‘The Grand Hostels: Luxury Hostels of the World.’
Some really cool prizes to giveaway that would be perfect for any hostel and travel lover.
Scroll below for the details of the competition and the prizes.
Good luck and again wishing you all a healthy and Happy New Year.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, I’m asking you to share with me your favourite hostel in the world.
Looking for a few lines with the name of the hostel and sharing why it is your favourite hostel in the world. Feel free to share pictures too. You can enter via email or Twitter via Rafflecopter giveaway below
Deadline for entries is 17th January, 2020. All winners will be selected at random via Rafflecopter and contacted via email.
Terms: Rooms at the hostels are subject to availability and certain restrictions apply. For full terms and conditions are listed below.
1. Win Arcido Akra carry on backpack ( RRP €170)
I’ve teamed up with Arcido – my favourite travel gear brand to give away one of their Akra bags ( Worth €170). You can carry everything with you with this 35 litre single backpack that fits in the overhead locker. Akra features a wide-opening main compartment, and easy access to your stuff including a harness that fits your laptop exactly. Tough enough for a range of travels, yet still offering a sleek and refined look for urban settings, Akra is great for a range of environments. And because it’s water resistant, it’ll keep your gear dry in the rain. Check out also Akra’s baby brother Vaga which is designed to fit inside and is great as day-carry.
PS: For more information about these carry on backpacks, checkout this post.
Even if you don’t win, they’re offering 15% off their Akra, Saxon, Faroe backpacks until January 15th. Just click on this link and use discount code: BUDGET15 at checkout.
2. Win a 2 nights stay at The Beehive Hostel, Rome
A hybrid of a hostel and a holistic retreat, The Beehive is the perfect place to unwind after a day of exploring Italy’s bustling capital and to mingle with fellow guests while enjoying a glass of organic wine from Umbria.
The Beehive Rome are offering the winner two nights accommodation for 1 or 2 people in a private room at The Beehive Hostel in Rome, Italy. Note that the winner will have either a shared or ensuite bathroom depending on the availability for your dates. The stay must take place sometime in 2020 with the exception of the following dates: 12/13 April and 30/31 December. The prize is non-changeable and non-transferable.
3. Win 2 nights stay at Hostels HUB Peniche, Faro and Parede, Portugal
Hostels HUB GROUP is the biggest portuguese chain of hostels that consists in two different brands: HUB and AKTION. HUB it’s the large-sized brand with 3 different locations (two in Lisbon and one in Faro). They’re all located at the heart of the urban life with 120 beds. AKTION it’s the medium-sized brand with also 3 different locations (Ericeira, Peniche and Parede). They’re all in dreamy locations for whom wants to have a break and enjoy some leisure and sporting activities like surf. With friendly staff and amazing facilities, Hostels HUB are perfect for families or to join backpackers from all over the world!
Hostels HUB Group are offering 2 nights stay at Hostels HUB Peniche, Faro and Parede, Portugal
4. Win 2 nights stay at Copenhagen’s number 1 luxury hostel-Steel House Copenhagen
A luxury hostel in the heart of Copenhagen , Steel House Copenhagen is a stylish and very comfortable base to explore the city. Guests have access to their very own gym, pool, bar, free Wi-Fi and of course the great location that means you won’t have to spend much time travelling. You can just get up in the morning and walk to the centre before your morning coffee gets cold.
Win 2 nights stay in a private 6-bed dormitory including access to Pool, Gym, Cinema and Kitchen. Which 5 friends which you invite?
5. Win a 2 nights stay at Curiocity hostels, South Africa
CURIOCITY is a growing chain of African hostels and hotels designed with style and soul for the curious traveller. Currently, CURIOCITY have hostels located in Johannesburg and Durban and have just opened a brand new design-led hybrid hotel in Cape Town.
CURIOCITY offer guests a local view in each destination they are in and an opportunity to get under the city’s skin beyond the typical tourist spots. Choosing locations outside of the expected tourist areas, guests are able to get local’s experience of a place. CURIOCITY partner with local businesses, designers and individuals to make every experience a unique one. They are all about creating an inclusive community which allows travellers to connect with their fellow guests as well as locals and discover our South African cities.
CURIOCITY are offering 2 nights for 1 person in Joburg, Durban and CPT in their dorm.
6. Win a 2 nights stay at the Code CoURT Pod Hostel Edinburgh
The CoURT is CoDE Pod Hostel’s latest opening and has been transformed from a former historic courthouse and jail into a world-class luxury hostel. Situated on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, The CoURT is in a prime location for travellers to explore the popular landmarks of the Scottish capital.
CoDE PoD Hostels offer a unique experience for travellers looking for luxury on a budget. Combining privacy, security and a great night’s sleep, CoDE’s signature pod beds and design-led common areas are looking to reinvent the hostel experience. Ideal for travellers who want their own space yet are still looking to meet like-minded people in a fun, friendly environment, CoDE provides the best of both worlds – all at an affordable price.
CoDE’s The CoURT are offering 2 nights for 1 person in a pod dorm
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter of the Draw is Kash Bhattacharya, BudgetTraveller registered at Avenida Arriaga no 50, 2 andar SALA 1 9000-064 Funchal,
2. By entering the Draw, the “Entrant” agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and agrees that the decision of the Promoter is binding and final.
3. No purchase is necessary for entry into the Draw.
4. The Prize is provided by the Promoter and, where relevant, the Partner.
5. The Promoter does not own or run any of the services which are provided as part of the Prize. In order to avail of the Prize, the Winners will be required to agree to any relevant terms and conditions or contract required by the third parties supplying the Prize including, where relevant, the Partner. The Winners acknowledge that the Promoter will not be party to any such agreements with the third party suppliers, and will not be liable to the Winners in respect of the terms of those agreements whether directly or indirectly.
6. The Prize is subject to availability, and is at the discretion of Promoter and, where relevant, the Partner.
7. The Prize is non-transferable, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and can only be claimed by the Winners who are notified by the Promoter in accordance with the procedure detailed
8. The Winners may need a visa to travel to the country in which the Prize is located, which they should arrange with the relevant country’s local Embassy, at their own expense. It is the Winners’ responsibility to comply with any of relevant country’s visa requirements. Approval is at the discretion of the relevant country’s Embassy and the Promoter and Partner cannot be held responsible for any visa applications being rejected.
9. Travel insurance is not included in the Prize and it is the Winners’ responsibility to arrange suitable cover for his/her needs if this is relevant to the Prize.
10. Entrants must be aged 18 (eighteen) or over. In entering the Draw, the Entrant does so at his/her own risk and on his/her own initiative, and is responsible for complying with local laws, to the extent any local laws apply. Entry into the Draw may be unlawful under the laws of the applicable jurisdiction and an if entry in the Draw is unlawful, the Entrant will breach these terms and conditions and will be immediately disqualified from the Draw. The winner have to provide the Promoter their first name, last name and email address.
11. The Draw is not open to employees or agents of the Promoter or any affiliated companies or subsidiaries or any third parties involved in the Draw including, where relevant, the Partner.
12. The Draw is open for participation between the dates set out in Clause 1 above. The Entrants will be required to comply with any Entry Requirements. The Draw for the Prize will be held on the date set out in Clause 1 above.
13. The Winner(s) of the Draw shall be chosen at random by the Promoter from all entries that meet the Entry Requirements.
14. The Winner(s) shall claim the Prize by the date set out in Clause 1. In the event that a Winner fails to respond in writing via e-mail by that date, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Draw or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be immediately disqualified from the Draw and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. The Promoter shall then draw from all remaining eligible entries and an alternative Entrant shall be selected the as winner of the relevant Prize (the “Alternative Winner“).
15. The Alternative Winner shall be notified in accordance with the procedure detailed in Clause 1 above. The Alternative Winner shall claim the Prize by the date set out in Clause 1. In the event that the Alternative Winner fails to respond in writing via e-mail by that date, chooses not to accept the Prize, is ineligible for the Draw or fails to duly complete, execute and return any document required by the Promoter, he/she shall be immediately disqualified from the Draw and he/she shall forthwith relinquish any right or entitlement to the Prize. The Prize shall then be re-issued to the next alternative winner on a rolling basis.
16. The Promoter will accept multiple of 5 entries using the same social media account.
17. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the individual that submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorised account holder of the e-mail or social media account.
18. Each Entrant releases and holds, and confirms the agreement of their nominated friend, the Promoter and its employees, agents, sub-contractors and consultants not responsible for any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Draw or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any Prize, including without limitation, personal injury, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
19. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify or discontinue this Draw or to restrict its availability to any person, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to Entrants.